The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks a full-time Community Engagement Assistant for the 2019 summer season. The 2019 Festival season runs June 11 - August 17. The Community Engagement Assistant will report to the Community Engagement Manager and provide key support for the Festival’s education and community engagement initiatives, including:
- Festival Connect - including the Festival's Docent program and open rehearsals, Night Out in the Parks programs, Classical Campers, Project Inclusion fellowships, Young Artist Showcase performances, and pre-concert lecture series.
- Festival Next - featuring the Festival's Visiting Masters master class series and composer residency series.
- Assist with logistics and operational needs for Festival Connect and Festival Next programs
- Serve as primary staff contact for the Festival's Docent program, coordinating the schedules of the Festival's docents at Open Rehearsals and providing occasional open rehearsal talks to Festival patrons.
- Serve as primary staff contact for the Festival's Visiting Masters program, identifying student performers for the series and stage managing the events.
- Assist with efforts to maximize awareness of Festival Connect activities.
- Assist with evaluation and analysis of education and community engagement activities.
- $13.00/hour; up to 40 hours per week. This position is non-exempt. Some nights and weekends will be required.
- Position Start Date: May/June 2019 (specific start date TBD by mutual agreement)
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 80 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago's summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city's most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.