The Barrel of Monkeys Communications Coordinator (CC) is a full-time staff position requiring creativity, organization, and strategic thinking skills. The CC’s primary role is to ensure effective communication both internally and with external stakeholders via marketing, outreach, and fundraising campaigns. Specifically, the Communications Coordinator is the primary driver for both ticket sales and individual donations, and connects various stakeholder groups via superior written and verbal communication. The CC collaborates closely with the PR rep, graphic designer, photographer/videographer, printer, mailhouse, and other vendors as needed throughout the year. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Manage Marketing and Fundraising Campaigns:
- Work with Executive Director and Marketing & Development Committee to develop innovative campaigns and communications strategies, and oversee their implementation;
- Work closely with BOM’s PR rep, graphic designer, photographer/videographer, mailhouse, and other vendors as needed to implement strategic goals and meet deadlines;
- Collaborate with Artistic Director to engage in outreach and business relationship development with key community partners;
- Compose email blasts and social media posts in alignment with current campaigns and priorities, and update website regularly;
- Actively engage with the larger arts/education communities by representing BOM at promotional events;
- Support and maintain the integrity of the Barrel of Monkeys brand and reputation for excellence;
- Recruit and supervise interns to assist with data entry, letter-writing campaigns, thanking, and other stewardship roles.
Manage Internal Communication
- Coordinate the weekly “Monkey Update” newsletter that connects staff with board, company, and artistic associates;
- Provide internal stakeholders with tools to advocate for BOM, including form letters, social media content, hashtags, print materials, and more;
- Assist with audience research, sales tracking, and reporting to the Marketing & Development Committee;
- Oversee other efforts to improve communication and comradeship among internal stakeholder groups;
- Communicate regularly with the Box Office/FOH Manager to ensure a quality audience experience;
- Actively update and maintain the organizational database and contact sheets;
- Coordinate and oversee volunteers both in the office and at performances;
- Participate in relevant training and professional development opportunities for BOM teaching artists.
Participate in General Administrative Functions:
- Work in collaboration with the entire staff in supporting the mission of Barrel of Monkeys;
- Participate and collaborate with administrative staff and committees to plan and execute company-related activities such as company meetings, fundraisers, trainings, etc;
- Participate in strategic planning efforts;
- Attend regular staff meetings; and
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
Barrel of Monkeys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.