Chicago Sinfonietta, the nation’s most diverse orchestra, has an exciting open position
for a full-time Marketing Director.
This full-time position is responsible for all marketing and communications activities for the organization, from budgeting and planning to implementation.
Create and implement annual marketing plan including:
- Creating department expense budget and revenue goals
- Creating advertising plan
- Meeting and negotiating with media partners and sponsors
- Negotiating with outside vendors (printer, mailhouse, list management, PR firm, etc.)
- Create yearly department initiatives, goals, measures, and timeline
- Scheduling and leading monthly department meetings
- Working with staff and board to create and implement annual institutional marketing efforts
Manage annual Subscription renewals and acquisition including:
- Working with CRM and Box Office to initiate renewal process in a timely manner
- Creating renewal materials including letters, season previews, etc.
- Managing mailings, telemarketing, digital communication, and other outreach efforts
- Tracking progress towards earned revenue goals
- Creating and implementing an acquisition plan throughout the season
- Managing brochure design, printing, and mailing
- Creating mid-year and end of year reports to measure new vs. returning SUBs, trends, etc.
Manage programmatic marketing and single ticket revenue including:
- Overseeing and contributing to creation and distribution of all collateral (postcards/mailings, concert posters, program book, student concert notes, flyers, etc.)
- Overseeing digital communications (social media, eblasts, etc.)
- Overseeing advertising materials and due dates (print, digital, media, etc.)
- Creating and distributing Brand Ambassador toolkits for each concert as well as following up with new patrons to cultivate new single ticket buyers, subscribers, donors, etc.
- Working with PR firm, managing press releases and materials for season announcement, concerts, events, and other organization news
- Managing graphic design for concert artwork with outside designer
- Managing creation and editing of program notes
- Overseeing Box Office operations and tracking of progress towards earned revenue goals
- Coordinating photographer (and videographer when applicable) for concerts
- Creating and distributing post-concert surveys
- Working with Marketing Manager to create annual ROI/audience survey reports
Support CS Development department, sponsorship, and fundraising efforts including:
- Supporting design of collateral (sponsorship decks, invites, signage, event program books, etc.)
- Creating and distributing digital communications (eblasts, web pages, etc.)
- Coordinating sponsorship benefit fulfillment
- Oversee and help maintain website including keeping up to date on good SEO practice, Google ads, Google Analytics, and other tools
- Manage CS brand across all platforms including print, digital, written content, patron experience, outreach, etc.
- Support CS Project Inclusion program through collateral creation, generation of new leads for performance opportunities (PIE), managing of Project Inclusion Administrative Freeman Fellows, etc.
- Attend and support all CS concerts
- Attend all Board meetings and prepare materials as needed (annual meeting, reports, presentations, etc.)
- Attend Associate Board and Friends meetings as needed and support activities
- Oversee Marketing & Audience Engagement Manager, Box Office & Customer Experience Manager and Project Inclusion Administration Freeman Fellow(s)