The Box Office Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to ensure efficient day-to-day operations of Chicago Shakespeare Theater’s ticket sales office. For assigned shifts, this position supervises a team of part-time Box Office Associates that handles inbound sales, ticket exchanges, occasional refunds, and responses to frequently asked questions. A world class organization both on and off stage, Chicago Shakespeare’s reputation for outstanding customer service is realized largely through the Box Office team’s daily interactions with our valued patron base. The Box Office Supervisor models superlative customer service—setting the tone for Box Office Associates to follow—and communicates openly with Marketing and General Management regarding operations.
Marketing Manager, Ticket Services
- Quickly establish and maintain a thorough understanding of how the theater utilizes Tessitura to sell tickets, subscriptions, gift certificates, donations, and track customer contact information and comments.
- Serve as resident expert for all patron inquiries, in addition to regularly updating a FAQ sheet for the Box Office team.
- Actively participate in keeping the physical office tidy, clean, and stocked with supplies and marketing materials.
- For assigned shifts:
- Open and close physical ticket office and phone system.
- Supervise Box Office Associates transacting inbound ticket sales, exchanges, and refunds; both by phone and in person. Assist in troubleshooting as needed.
- Coach and collaboratively manage Box Office Associates to provide excellent service with an eye toward achieving sales goals.
- Minimize incoming call wait time by monitoring phone queue.
- Monitor team’s interactions with patrons to identify problems with procedures, and ensure they are fixed in a timely manner.
- Report personnel, procedural, and training issues to management.
- Run will-call for performances.
- Fulfill internal ticketing requests as needed.
- Serve as Box Office contact in the event of an emergency situation.