Ravinia, North America's oldest music festival, stands today as its most musically diverse, presenting over 140 different events throughout the summer. These concerts run the gambit from Yo-Yo Ma to John Legend to the annual summer residency of the nation's finest orchestra, The Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
The 36-acre park is nestled in a gently wooded area that makes it an enchanting place to experience music. Guests can bring their own picnics or eat at one of the park restaurants.
As a nonprofit organization, community outreach and music education initiatives are our mission. Over 75,000 people are served through Ravinia's Reach*Teach*Play programs each year, ensuring that great music remains accessible to all.
Ravinia Festival is seeking an Assistant to the Production Manager whose main focus will be on the popular music concerts, children’s performances, musical theatre and dance performances presented during the three month summer season. The position is part time from April through May and full-time from June to September. Employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Ravinia is a union house, but the Assistant to the Production Manager is not required to be union. The Assistant to the Production Manager will primarily report to the Production Manager, but also to the Production Coordinators and Artistic Producers.
• Oversee day to day backstage Production Department operations in conjunction with the Production Manager and Production Coordinators, and Production Interns.
• Serve as stage manager for all dance and kids concerts, responsible for production and technical advance.
• Assist Production Manager for all popular concerts, aid in production and technical advance.
• Manage, with the Production Manager, Technical Director, Lighting Director & Sound Engineer the technical advance and preparation for all popular, dance and children’s shows.
• Provide assistance as needed on special performances (specific shows to be determined).
• Assist in the set up and execution of catering/hospitality and transportation needs; coordinate with Production Coordinator.
• Assist in the set up and execution of merchandising needs; coordinate with Merchandise Coordinator.
• Establish house accounts and pay invoices as necessary.
• Participate in production meetings and communicate with artistic, production and technical staff, as well as artists, to ensure proper dissemination of information.
• Assist Production Manager in furnishing backline and stage requirements as dictated by artist contracts and riders.
• Assist in the creation of daily artist sound check and stage schedules.
• Maintain and update house Technical and Production Information Packet.
• Serve as a point person along with the Production Manager for Artists’ and Ravinia’s security teams in making all necessary arrangements for specific concerts.
• Work with Production Interns in artist scheduling and transportation, hospitality, setting dressing rooms, restocking inventory and general office work.
• Maintain and update technical info in intranet content.
• Provide transportation for Artists and Production Department, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.