Ravinia Festival is seeking an Assistant Production Coordinator whose focus will be aiding the Production department during the 2019 summer season across all performance genres. The Assistant Production Coordinator must have the ability to embrace and actively support Ravinia’s culture of integrity, professionalism, collaboration, mutual respect and customer focus. Ravinia is a union house, so there are no technical/on-stage aspects to this position. Employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. This position reports to the Production Operations Manager, Coordinator, Production Manager and Artistic Producers.
- Shared responsibility acting as main receptionist / dispatch for Production department
- Shared responsibility in creating and maintaining master Production department schedule
- Aids in the management of day to day backstage operations
- Aids in the oversight of department assistant staff
- Helps oversee department transportation (including artist ground transportation and errands)
- Joint creation of dressing room forms, shopping lists, and other organizational paperwork for artist hospitality
- Oversees artist hospitality and dressing room set-up during day-of-show in conjunction with department staff
- Joint creation of day sheets for all non-CSO classical performances in conjunction with Production Coordinator
- Joint creation of classical artists’ arrival packets in conjunction with Production Coordinator
- Shared responsibility in maintaining Production department inventory
- Helps maintain intranet content, department files and archival content in conjunction with Production staff
- Assists with kids performances and dance shows, as needed
- Assists with Chicago Symphony Orchestra shows, Bennett Gordon Hall and Martin Theatre shows, as needed
- Helps reconcile department spending with the organization of receipts and billing codes
- Assists with the driving of artists and production errands, as needed
- Participates in department meetings and communicates with artistic, production and technical staff, as well as artists, to ensure proper dissemination of information
- Other duties as assigned
Paid hourly during the month of May. Weekly salaried (exempt) June through mid-September 2019.
Cell phone reimbursement. Free attendance at most concerts. Some meals provided.