Apply on the Art Institute's employment page (https://hrweb.artic.edu/recruit/applyjob.html). Scroll until you see the posting "Andrew W. Mellon Summer Academy and Undergraduate Curatorial Fellowship Program." Applications should include the following:
1. ONE LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
Applicants must have one confidential letter of recommendation. A letter of recommendation can be submitted by faculty at your college or university or by current or past employers who are familiar with your skills and abilities.
The letter of recommendation must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline. The recommendation must come directly from the recommender’s institutional e-mail, it should be a word document or pdf file, and the email subject line should state “APPLICANT NAME. MELLON PROGRAM.
2. APPLICATION DOCUMENT
Please upload a single word document or pdf file that contains all three of the components listed below.
A) PERSONAL STATEMENT
Please limit the personal statement to no more than 700 words (two typed pages, double-spaced). The personal statement should address the following questions/ topics:
- What interests you about the Andrew W. Mellon Summer Academy and Undergraduate Curatorial Fellowship Program?
- Explain, drawing on your extracurricular activities, areas of study, culture, background or other experiences, how you can contribute to the Mellon Foundation’s initiative to expand diversity of curatorial leadership in American art museums.
- Provide an example of an experience where you were able to offer a diverse perspective to a project, discussion or dialogue and explain the impact you had.
- Contact Information (Phone number, email, current mailing address and permanent address)
- Current Major
- Cumulative GPA. If your school does not follow a GPA system please indicate “GPA not available, pass/ fail system.”
- Expected graduation date
- Relevant employment and volunteer experiences
- Computer and language skills
- Name and contact information (phone and email) of the person that is submitting your letter of recommendation.
Please provide unofficial transcripts for your entire undergraduate career, including the college or university you currently attend and any you may have previously attended.