The Advancement Coordinator supports Chicago Shakespeare’s work to cultivate, steward, and solicit donors, with a large focus on the Theater’s portfolio of lead donors. In addition to supporting the efforts needed to reach the Theater’s general operating needs, this position also supports special giving initiatives and the long-term stewardship of contributors to past campaigns.
This position serves as a member of the Advancement Department and will be responsible for prospect tracking; research; meeting scheduling; preparing proposals and presentations; executing internal mail campaigns, reporting on fulfilled major gifts, and special event planning. A successful candidate will be able to prioritize multiple deadline-driven projects, gracefully adapt in high-pressure situations, enjoy a team-oriented approach to their work, and take time to learn about key prospects being cultivated for the Theater’s fundraising initiatives. This is a full-time, salaried position (40 hours per week).
Reports To: Director, Campaign and Major Gifts
Manages: No direct reports
Work Hours: 9am-5pm, some evenings and weekends
PROSPECTING AND SOLICITATIONS
- Execute solicitation efforts for mid- and major-level donors, planned giving, and special initiatives.
- Create call sheets and follow up reminders, as appropriate, to prompt completion of action items.
- Track and source all cultivation, solicitations, strategies, and follow-up tasks in CST’s donor database, as well as in additional tracking tools.
- Develop or coordinate the development of materials in advance of and following-up from donor visits, including: presentations, proposals, letters and other correspondence.
- Prepare prospecting tools, research, progress reports, and other updates for volunteers and leadership.
STEWARDSHIP AND EVENTS
- Customize acknowledgment letters and create stewardship reports, as needed.
- Coordinate a portfolio of events, including opening night dinners and celebrations, major gift fulfillment events, and collaborations with key external partners.
- Coordinate and monitor donor signage fabrication for named spaces, donor walls, and seats.
- Provide swing support for the VIP Concierge and Stewardship Coordinator to assist with VIP ticketing, interval service, and guest attendance alerts.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and enthusiastic representative at performances and events.
- Other duties as assigned.