A&A Ballet Summer Dance Intensive Counselor
June 17th-July 20th
The primary duty of the A&A Ballet Summer Dance Intensive Counselor is to provide supervision and guidance for students ages 13 to 17 participating in the 5-week International Summer Dance Intensive. (Please note there is a possibility of extending the position another week until July 27th)\
· Supervise a small group (not to exceed 15) of students, ensuring their health and safety during the time they are enrolled in the program.
· Escort students to and from the dorm to the studios each morning and afternoon.
· Monitor students at various times (lunch, arrival, dismissal, etc.) while at the studios
· Assist in the planning and facilitation of fun evening and weekend activities for students staying in the dorm, including accompanying groups walking and/or taking public transportation around the city to a variety of activities/performances.
· Knowing the whereabouts of their assigned students at all times.
· When needed, communicating with parents and A&A/SPA staff regarding concerns related to students’ behavior and/or well-being.
· Work with other chaperones to foster a team environment
· Serve as a supportive, positive role model
· Other duties as assigned