Snow City Arts educates and inspires children in hospitals through the arts. Instruction in the visual arts, creative writing, theater, music, and film making is provided to patients at five Chicago hospitals. While Snow City Arts is arts-based, we put the focus on learning and integrate state and national standards into both the student workshops and our evaluation system with the goal of ensuring that the children in hospitals are learning skills that are in line with their regular school’s classroom. The Snow City Arts team includes a professional staff of 4, an artistic staff of 11 professional teaching artists, and countless interns, and volunteers. We are a small but dedicated, efficient, and creative organization with a broad reach.
Snow City Arts is seeking an intern, preferably a graduate student, interested in gaining hands-on experience in an arts education nonprofit that works across genres in hospitals. In addition to general office tasks, the Program Intern will support the professional staff with a variety of programmatic, administrative, curatorial, and fundraising-related tasks. In addition to project work, interns may attend staff meetings and become an integral part of the Snow City Arts team. Interns are invited to networking/professional development opportunities, as well as arts events around the city. The Program Intern will obtain a 360 perspective on the inner workings of a small arts education nonprofit, gain real-life office experience, and learn practical skills, including juggling priorities and deadlines.
Programming/Curatorial and Exhibits
- Prepare artwork for printing, archiving, and sharing including proper sizing, resolution, file type, and naming
- Organize student portfolios into a user-friendly archive
- Track data for and prepare relevant text and title cards for artwork and installations
- Assist with onsite installations
- Assist with research and preparation for bimonthly professional development meetings for artists
- Review, analyze, and present programmatic data via Snow City Arts’ custom-built database
- Research relevant conferences for staff leadership
- Assist in the production and mailing of academic reports for participants
Development and Communications Support
- Support mailings and other annual/semi-annual campaign initiatives
- Assist in the production of special events
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and manage data