Birthed by Ground Rhythm Dance Project, “Building Artiships” seeks to provide a one stop shop for all Chicago artists looking to launch, support or expand the vision for their company. It is the melting pot for Artist Collaboration.
Building Artiships is an artist collective designed specifically for Chicago dance artists however we welcome creatives of all disciplines to be a part of community that builds relationships through art.
As a Building Artiships (BA) member you will have access to the following:
· Structured Networking Events- designed to promote artist collaborations. Also, giving new artists the opportunity to learn about the Art happening in Chicago as well as sharing their own work/portfolio with other Professional artist in their field. (Learn of any internships, job openings or upcoming auditions).
· Professional Development- access to workshops and practice tools for artist seeking to gain leverage in their experience in the field. Workshops and practice tools can include but is not limited to areas of teaching, movement, improvisation, vocal coaching and more. PD volunteers will be available on the spot to offer advice and assistance to resources in your field.
· Fundraising Collaborations- designed for artists to openly collaborate on fundraising projects. Each quarterly BA event will host a fundraiser for no more than three companies/artists at a time. All funds donated and received shall be split between the selected artists.
· Performance Opportunities- each quarterly BA event will have a space and time designated for at least 3-4 BA companies/artists to share work currently being developed for an upcoming project. This showing will serve as a “Work In Progress” and artists showing work have the opportunity to receive on the spot feedback from other BA members. If artists who perform would like to provide the audience with specific questions to give feedback on is it welcomed but not required. Curatorial Collaborations are Highly Encouraged!
· Big Body Jam Sessions- each quarterly BA event will host a “big body jam session” before or after the event begins. During these sessions, led by a professional artist of the style offered attendees are highly encouraged to participate with their bodies. Each BBJ session will invite a different style of dance. Styles include but are not limited to; hip hop cyphers, contact improvisation, Jazzercise, Afro-Contemporary, African, Feldenkrais Technique, Capoeira and more.
Sounds interesting right? Join us as a Building Artiships Member for free. All we ask is that you commit to bridging the gaps of Chicago arts and creating a community of artists that actively supports each other to spread our work across the city. With you in the space we are one step closer to creating change in our communities, strengthening the Art scene in Chicago, gaining financial support to sustain our work and being in a space where our voice always matters.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of our growing community of artist please respond via email confirming your membership interest. Upon response you will soon be provided with the details of our 1st Building Artiships Event as well as brief agreement for you to sign. The agreement will simple serve as a hand-shake Artiship agreement solely for the purpose of maintaining integrity in our relationship as well our commitment to Building Artiships. Lastly, please include any interests in being a PD volunteer or Big Body Jam Session Leader.
Thank You for Your Time and We Look Forward to Meeting With You Soon!
“Building Artiships 2018”
Ground Rhythm Dance Project
Artistic Director, Destine Young