CALL FOR ARTISTS
The St Charles Arts Council (St. Charles, IL), announces the Public Art Celebration Pop-Up Gallery. Artists are invited to submit their work for jurying for this show.
We’re celebrating Public Art in St. Charles, including the 30th Anniversary of the dedication of Ēkwabet (the city’s iconic sculpture of a Native American), the installation and dedication of The Key (the latest piece of public art in the Gratitude Project), the St. Charles Park District’s Sculpture in the Park exhibition, and the first anniversary of the SCAC’s signature public art program, Art in Public Places. The Gallery will be in downtown St. Charles and will open the evening of The Key’s dedication day.
The Celebration Gallery will be open from Saturday, June 23 through Saturday, July 14.
Entries for the gallery can be in any style or medium of visual art.
1. Jury fee for SCAC Artist Members is $25. Jury fee for non-Artist Members is $45.
2. When artwork is sold, the SCAC will take a 15% administrative fee.
(Jury Fee is nonrefundable). Fees can be mailed to: St Charles Arts Council, 2 E. Main St., St. Charles, IL 60174, or paid online through the web site. Click on the Yellow Donate button on any page. The SCAC is a 501c3 Public Charity. [Artists interested in becoming an SCAC member – go to StCharlesArtsCouncil.org and click on “Donate” to make your membership payment.]
SUBMISSION: For the Celebration Pop-Up Gallery, Artists must submit their artwork electronically to artistliaison@StCharlesArtsCouncil.org. There is NO FORM to fill out. Simply send an email with the following:
1. An image* of each piece of artwork submitted, with the title, the dimensions, the medium, and the selling price.
2. Artists may submit up to 5 pieces of their work. The show is Juried.
3. All submitted work MUST include the artist’s name, physical address, and phone number
*Images for Jurying: Only jpg images of the artwork, sent electronically, are accepted. Each image should be 500 KB or less. Questions? Please contact us at 630.443.3794 or info@StCharlesArtsCouncil.org.
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY end-of-day, Saturday, June 9, 2018. We will review all electronic submissions and contact artists with the jury decisions.
1. IMAGES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY Saturday June 9 at midnight.
2. Receipt of work – Sunday June 17 (1 p.m. to 2 p.m.) and Monday June 18 (5 p.m. to 6 p.m.).
3. Gallery will be open: Saturday, June 23 ONLY for the Opening Reception at 6 p.m. through Saturday,
July 9. After the Opening, on Fridays and Saturdays from 12 to 6 and other hours by appointment.
4. Artist Reception: Saturday, June 23 from 6 to 8 p.m.
5. Pick-up of artwork: Saturday, July 14 (6 to 7 p.m.) and Monday, July 16 (6 to 7 p.m.)
1. All artwork must be ready to hang/install. Information about hanging preparation for 2D work will be supplied by the SCAC.
2. Sculpture pedestals/stands must be provided by the artist.
3. Delivery and pick-up of the artwork will be the artist's responsibility. Artists with work accepted in the show must drop-off and pick up their work on the published dates.
4. All artwork must be for sale.
The artist contract must be signed and brought with artwork juried into the gallery. It is not mandatory for artists to staff the gallery, but it is strongly encouraged. Anyone interested in Volunteering to “sit” the gallery should contact the SCAC at 630.443.3794 or email us at info@StCharlesArtsCouncil.org.
Artwork will be in the gallery on consignment. The artist will receive 85% of the selling price of their work. Illinois sales tax will be collected and is the responsibility of the artist to pay to the State.
There is a comprehensive promotional plan for the Public Art Event. The Celebration Gallery will be promoted by the SCAC and Event Partners. Promotion will utilize social and traditional media. The galleries will be actively and continuously promoted by the SCAC, including weekly news releases about the elements of the Celebration – the 30th Anniversary of the Dedication of Ēkwabet, the Installation and Dedication of the Gratitude Project’s newest piece of Public Art – The Key, and the SCAC’s signature Public Art Project, Art in Public Places. Information about all artists in the Pop-Up Gallery will be included on the SCAC’s website and each artist’s name will link to the artists’ web site or other electronic site provided by the artist.
About the St Charles Arts Council:
The St Charles Arts Council is a 501(c)(3), registered not-for-profit Illinois corporation whose mission is to serve and promote the arts and cultural activities, to the mutual benefit of the arts and the community. Contact the SCAC for information at 630.443.3794 or at info@StCharlesArtsCouncil.org.