Hey Chicago Poets!
I am throwing a Speakeasy Poetry & Storytime event in March.
This is your chance to shine. Send video or audio clips, stories, poems/spoken word for review. I am looking for 5-10 poets. Everyone chosen will have a spot on 19art81.com. A program book will be created so you will be featured in that as well. Everyone who attends the event will have one...too.
Also, you will get another opportunity to be featured in another publication (print/online). The publication is located in Milwaukee. Naturally Chicago artists are featured in the publication. Because we Chicagoians are talented and that crosses state boundaries. Send over your best work and contact information today! I can't wait to touchbase with you. I want this to be a beautifully unique experience for all involved. So excited.
1. Send over your work. If you are a spoken word artist or story teller. We can set up a call.
2. I will respond to your email within 24 hours. (Those chosen in this round get a call and your work immediately starts getting promoted.)
3. All poets will be chosen by Jan 17th.
4. During the final call we will discuss more details.
5. You will recieve a Google doc link if chosen. (I like being organized.)
On the day of:
1. You will get 3-5 minutes to speak or 2 -4 poems. (same with storytellers)
2. You will also have a place in the collectible booklet.
Before the actual event: We will have 2 mixers (January and February) where we get to learn about each other. I want it to feel like a real gathering of artists.
PS - Tons more information will be given to you...if you are chosen.
Please forward all work that showcases how awesome you are to the email below.
Send work to email below...
The event is Saturday, March 10th 2018 6pm-9pm will be held downtown.