The Spudnik Press Board of Directors is a team of experts working behind the scenes to ensure our organization is resilient, mission-driven, and advocating day-in-day-out for artists and the arts. Our Board supports staff as we spearhead new initiatives like our Equipment Fund and expand Member opportunities. They also plans classy and fun fundraising events like our recent Print Factory Art Party.
With so much happening at Spudnik Press, the Board of Directors plans to expand from 8 to 12 members. Incoming directors will have the opportunity to contribute to our next Strategic Plan, help us improve our fundraising efforts, and expand our network of supporters and advocates. We do have a few particular needs:
- Active members of Spudnik Press: Represent your fellow artists!
- Project management and group facilitation experience
- Finance and accounting experience
- Fundraising and/or event planning experience
- Business planning and/or strategic planning experience
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Interpret the organization’s work and values, represent the organization, and act as a spokesperson.
- Represent Spudnik Press stakeholders through approving annual budget, business decisions and participating in an annual performance review of Executive Director.
- Extend personal invitations to potential supporters, continually expanding our network of donors and clients.
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings held on Wednesday evenings, 6-8pm
- Serve on one of the following committee: Development, Governance, Annual Benefit, Finance or Programming.
- Contribute a minimum of $375 to Spudnik Press Cooperative per board term.
- If this is your first time serving on a board, attend Legal & Fiduciary Responsibilities training.
Key Benefits Include:
- Opportunities for professional development as a board member.
- Honorary Spudnik Press Membership, inclusive of all benefits, to align with their board terms.
- Endless gratitude from Spudnik Press staff.
- Send resume or bio summarizing qualifications plus a letter of inquiry to Angee Lennard, Executive Director, email@example.com.