The Asian American and Pacific Islander Committee of Chicago Public Library seeks local Asian/Pacific visual artists and/or artwork with Asian/Pacific themes to exhibit at Chicago Public Library locations during Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month in May 2018. Exhibits will last between 4-12 weeks.
LOCATION: Chicago Public Library neighborhood branches and Harold Washington Library Center. Accepted artists will be matched with appropriate locations and will need to set-up and take-down their artwork. Any travel restrictions (i.e.: close to CTA) should be submitted with the application.
ELIGIBILITY: Asian/Pacific visual artists who live in Chicagoland (city and suburbs) and/or artwork with Asian/Pacific themes.
EXHIBIT CASE DIMENSIONS: Exhibit cases vary by location. For this reason, please include the dimensions of your proposed exhibit in your application.
TO BE CONSIDERED PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING (ALL IN ONE DOCUMENT IF POSSIBLE):
· Resume or CV
· Contact info including email, home address and phone number
· Brief description of proposed exhibit
· Artist statement (150 word max)
· Two to five images of artwork with dimensions and medium
· Indication of travel restrictions
· Indication of whether we may add your proposal to the Chicago Artists' Archive
EMAIL ENTRIES TO: email@example.com
DEADLINE: January 24, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
DECISIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY: February 7, 2018