Tuley Park Cultural Center serves as a hub for community-building activities and seeks to partner with individual artists who have a vested interest in audience engagement and neighborhood-based programming.
Starting in Fall 2018, Tuley Park Cultural Center seeks to connect the Chesterfield and Chatham neighborhoods to the rich resource of local artists through a mix of educational initiatives and artist engagements. Our goal is to increase awareness of local artists and help to facilitate meaningful community engagement.
Tuley Park Cultural Center, with support from the Re: Center initiative, will host its first group of artists to launch the artist incubator project. Three local artists will be selected to envision and facilitate a year of programming for the patrons and surrounding community of Tuley Park Cultural Center.
· You must be a Chicago-based artist (residency within the city of Chicago)
· Artists must be able to pass CPD required fingerprint background check
· Artists must complete orientation before residency begins
· Artists must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and dedicate approx. 2-3 hours weekly to general studio maintenance
· During residency, Artists must co-develop plans for ongoing and culminating events, professional development workshops and/or auxiliary programming depending on skills, interests, and community feedback
· As part of the outcomes, artists must document their experience working in community space. These resources may be shared by the Chicago Park District in future residency materials
· 1 year of individual studio space & group workspace during park building operating hours: (Mon-Fri 9am-9pm and Sat 9am-5pm)
· In-Kind materials valued at up to $1,000
· $500 Program Materials Stipend
· Submission Deadline: August 3
· Final Selection: August 17
· Artist Orientation: Late August TBA
· Artist in residency + supervisor meeting: Monthly while in residence
· Artist In Residency Start Date: September 2018
· Artist In Residency End Date: May 2019
· Program wrap up meeting: TBA
Please visit Submittable to fill out an application by August 3, 2018