For Youth Inquiry (FYI), the performance company of the Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (ICAH), is holding auditions for our touring ensemble, to perform our 2018-19 season of participatory plays about sexuality.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
FYI is seeking non-equity, versatile performers of color who identify as TGNC and/or cis men to play high school age roles in two of our "signature plays" that are booked to tour in rep. to Chicago area schools and youth groups throughout the entire 2018-19 school year (actors over 18 years old only please).
We are looking for performers who are strong actors and improvisers, and who are up for the challenge of being double-cast. Rehearsal intensives will happen over the course of October, 3-4 rehearsals per play. Teaching artist and/facilitation experience a plus; sex Ed content knowledge a plus. Performers must have some weekday daytime availability throughout the calendar year.
FYI designs participatory theater experiences to activate the creative potential of school, family, and healthcare systems and improve the well-being of youth. Housed at ICAH, we offer participatory plays and performance-based workshops and residencies to reach thousands of young people each year. In addition to touring our plays to schools and communities, we also produce performances for the public.
Project US follows four friends as they discover and question how they learn and talk about sexuality. This play uses games and audience interaction to cultivate inquiry and dialogue about desires, boundaries, and relationships.
Can I Hit It? follows four friends as they discuss how sexual violence impacts their lives and school community. This movement and game-based play lead audiences to define sexual violence and understand what they can do to prevent it.
All plays are less than 1hr and can be performed within a normal class period. Learn more at icah.org/FYI.
AUDITION TIME SLOTS:
- Sunday. Sept. 16th @ 3-6 PM
- Tuesday, Sept. 18th @ 8:30-10 PM
- Thursday, Sept. 20th @ 8:30-10 PM
Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (ICAH)
719 South State St. #400 (4th Floor)
- $200 stipend for 8-day rehearsal intensive (Fall 2018)
- $50 stipend for each 3-day brush-up rehearsal period (Winter & Spring 2019)
- Additional $50/1hr touring performance gigs, scheduled as-booked throughout the year (avg. 1-2/month).
Non-equity performers only.
If you are available and interested, please send time/date preference(s) for 30 minute-long time slot, resume, and headshot in response to this email.
- Our full “Fall Intensive” rehearsal calendar, taking place over the course of October, will be available to cross-check at auditions. Please bring your schedule to share with us. All rehearsals will take place at ICAH in the South Loop.
- Applicants must have weekday daytime availability for the upcoming calendar year.