Sustain Arts launched their Chicagoland platform on January 26, 2017 at the Chicago Cultural Center - where Sustain Arts Chicagoland Consultant, Claire Rice, and National Communications and Development Specialist, Kelly Varian, introduced the platform - and a panel of local arts administrators, executives, and artists discussed how Sustain Arts resources would strengthen their work. Attendees then learned how to apply data on arts funding, participation, and organizations to their own work through hands-on experimentation with the tool.
From Sustain Arts:
Sustain Arts is a collaborative effort to connect knowledge and networks, building the collective capacity of the cultural sector, one region at a time. Sustain Arts/Chicagoland is the realization of that endeavor, serving the Chicago metro area, including Cook, Lake, Kane, McHenry, DuPage and Will counties in Illinois, and Lake County Indiana.
SUSTAIN ARTS/CHICAGOLAND PLATFORM
The Sustain Arts/Chicagoland platform was designed by and for those working in the region’s arts and cultural ecosystem, including:
- Executive directors, marketing and development staff at non-profits
- Foundation program officers
- Trustees and individual donors
- Creative industry leaders
- Public advocates and policy-makers
- Researchers and journalists
The intuitive visualizations of funding, audience participation, and organizational data enhances the public’s understanding of the region’s cultural assets and contributes to informed strategies for sustaining them.
Sustain Arts Chicgoland is a FREE and easy-to-use online tool tailored to meet the needs of Chicago area artists, arts administrators, funders, and cultural policy makers. This interactive online platform brings together an extraordinary universe of data on arts funding and participation in both nonprofit and for-profit arts activity across a wide range of disciplines. Sustain Arts tools can be used for fundraising, strategic planning, marketing, partnership development, and many other operational and analytical uses.
At chicagoland.sustainarts.org, users can:
- Track funding connections between over 700 funders and hundreds of grantees to identify potential funders and visualize the Chicagoland granting landscape
- Locate participants in 7 disciplines across 7 counties (IL: Cook, Lake, Kane, McHenry, DuPage, Will; IN: Lake), and zoom in on zip codes to see estimated and actual participation statistics
- Search arts organizations using an index of over 4,000 nonprofits and 10,000 businesses and filter results by geography, discipline, and budget size
- Find partners and collaborators with advanced search features that identify organizations like yours and locate cultural entities in your neighborhood
Register online to claim, edit, or add information on your organization at chicagoland.sustainarts.org/site/register.html
The Sustain Arts Chicagoland platform is constantly evolving. Make sure your organizational information is up to date by registering online. In less than 5 minutes you can edit data including mission statement, organization type, discipline and address. Mark yourself with tags such as “arts education”, “social justice” or “traditional arts” so users can find you easily.
Photo courtesy Sustain Arts.